At some point recently, the days showing for my routines have shifted by one day! My Monday morning wake-up routine, say, is now showing as applying on Sundays... I've tested this by setting up a test routine to run on a Monday (today) at a specific time: if I set the routine for Monday it doesn't work; if I set it for Sunday it does work!! It's as if the days within the app have become mislabelled? Either that or I've turned up for work on a Sunday and everyone else had made the same mistake...
Thanks for your time,
p.s. I'll add that all my routines have been working sensibly for months
“5/12/19 -Note from the Moderators: “Hi! The issue in this post is Resolved. The steps for resolution can be found here. Thanks so much!”
Usually when a routine that previously was working as expected and is now not responding the same it has to do with the WiFi connection in the home. Have you attempted to reset the router and trying a routine again after reset? Are there more devices on your bandwidth recently as well?
Please reset the router and the Echo device, then check that your device is powered on and correctly set am or pm for the time.
Try to delete again your routine, then create a new routine, changing the phrase that's used to launch the routine.
@Onion: Is it possible that by some freak of nature your account / registered account / region has been time shifted to another zone? For example are you a UK account user that suddenly finds all account details set to USA?
It seems to happen sometimes and it does possibly address your question. Regards, CW.
Rollback Post to RevisionRollBack
Anodyne replies are dictated. Moderation leads to termination of the concept of Freedom Of Speech.
Many thanks for the replies. I've tried everything suggested and the problem persists unfortunately. Please note that the routines do work, just not on the right day! I can set up a routine to do anything I like today, as long as I set it for the same time yesterday. Have checked time/day/time-zone and all good... It really is as if the labels for the days of the week in the app are mis-mapped to the days in the underlying code... Strange :(
Considering that you have performed all the suggested tests, I kindly ask you to contact us, allowing us to carry out both a thorough check on your Account and to perform some further technical tests with you.
I've noticed the same thing. I created two test routines, at different times set to run on different days.
Sunday at 08:00
Monday at 09:00
This is how they show in the app:
This is how they show when I view the routines on the display of my Echo Spot:
Notice that the Echo Spot shows that they are actually set for:
Monday at 08:00
Tuesday at 09:00
So, it looks like the the app is somehow misidentifying the days. I wonder if it is due to some countries considering Sunday the first day of the week and others Monday, with the app displaying the days based on this but the underlying ids not reflecting it.