Hey there @John. I will probably get this wrong, but perhaps then some brighter customer may come along and say "ah-ha!" and give you a better guide :)
- The DOT is a voice device. I have never linked a DOT to any mail service when using Chrome / iPad / Fire / PC. There is no link.
- ALEXA is an app. It links to your AMAZON account and then spawns to link to any and all Alexa enabled hardware that can support it.
- Your Amazon account is your main ("mother ship") account and it should be used to manage any and all subsidiary apps, tasks and services such as mail, contacts, schedules, ordering and all the rest of it.
I would SUGGEST that you need to
- check that your Amazon account is correctly set up on whatever device you normally use (pc? Mac? Phone? Wombat?);
- Check that any Alexa apps are correctly linked to your correct Amazon account;
- Check that any Slave devices such as your DOT are correctly linked to your correct Amazon account.
As said at the start - I'm dumb and am not aware of any "email reading skills" for a DOT host - but no doubt someone will be able to correct, advise and assist.
Rollback Post to RevisionRollBack
I wonder why someone would follow their own alternative forum profile.
I have just 'chatted' with a support person and as I suspected it is yet ANOTHER feature which is not yet available in the UK. The usefulness of the Alexa devices is really crippled in the UK compared to the US, for little apparent reason.