We have a single account with my wife having a reader, and now my two children having one each. So far, so good.
The problem is that when my son buys a book, it appears on my daughters library, and vice versa. There appears to be no way to either (a) select which content goes to which device or (b) removing the content from JUST that device.
So my daughter moans about having to look at Beast Quest books, and my son moans about seeing Ottoline. You can imagine how fun road trips are.
How to I edit or manage what is visible and downloaded on their devices please?
For those who want to know - read to the end, the last bit will save you a ton of whining:
1. Enable 'Kindle for Kids' on the childrens kindles.
2. Go online and download the various books to a kindle you can access (choose only one) . If this is the childrens then choose one and come OUT of 'Kindle for Kids'. You will need to be in the adult section.
3. Go into the library (not the home page, the library), where you should see just about everything you've ever bought.
4. Find your book, tap on the triple dots on the bottom right hand corner and a menu will come up.
5. Select 'Add to Kindle for Kids Library'.
6. Tick the children you want the book to go to, then OK.
7. Repeat for every book you want them to see.
8. Go into their side (via the 'Kindle for kids' menu).
9. Check the books you want are there - this can take a minute or so.
10. If there are books you do not want, you need to make a note of them and then go back into the adult side, go back to 4 above, and untick the child you want to remove the book from.
11. REALLY IMPORTANT: In kids mode, go into the library and tap on every book, to download it - especially of you're about to go on a car journey. They only download when they are accessed. You should get a message that says 'queuing' and then a tick to show they are actually on the device.
12. If you are going abroad I would suggest downloading everything in the UK. We got caught out with an Amazon Fire a few years ago - cannot download content in France with a UK account. I don't know whether this is still the case or not but I'm not going to find out this year.
Good luck. I am not a specialist so if this doesn't work then Im sorry.